SERIOUS ABOUT EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATIONS
Sirius Computer Solutions’ Human Resources Department supplies employees with a myriad of benefits, resources and helpful guidelines. All this combines to make for one very large employee handbook.
Corporate Human Resources Employee Handbook – the name alone evokes the unpleasant image of a dauntingly oversized and complicated manual, ironically intended to simplify life for employees. esd sought to help the human resource professionals at Sirius streamline this document, its accompanying new employee orientation processes, benefits information and the company’s related document tracking.
esd opted to modernize the Sirius Employee Handbook by taking it to the web – to a customized, “employees only” intranet format.
Interface design of the intranet site was key. It had to be more than a beautiful website; it also had to be highly functional.
- Diving into the project headfirst, we began tackling the handbook’s mammoth content and restructuring it into one, sleek, efficient intranet site map.
- Simplified into four main sections, the intranet’s navigation was now streamlined to a perfect fluidity, allowing Sirius’ employees to find the information they desired, quickly and without struggle.
But we went even further, taking the Sirius intranet beyond a typical, corporate, one-way communication tool by integrating:
- Creative and complete form and resource links giving all Sirius employees the keys to completing, submitting and updating their own personal information, without all of the typical departmental red tape.
- We allowed the Sirius HR department to directly reach out to the company’s employees via real-time HR tweets and updates.
everything in its right place
The success of Sirius Computer Solutions’ new intranet eliminated a number of their employees’ frustrations and provided the most optimal solution:
- We eradicated the frustration experienced by all employees, challenged with poring through bulky orientation guides for important information
- We resolved the frustration of HR representatives sorting through, updating and managing endlessly mounting stacks of employee paperwork, facts and files.
- By the very fluidity of its nature, the new intranet increased the amount of open, relevant and up-to-date inter-company communication.
By focusing on an online handbook instead of a more traditional employee guide esd completely revolutionized Sirius’ company-employee relations processes.