In the advertising world, creativity is key; even more so is an environment that cultivates this creativity. With more creativity, comes better project work. And with better project work, comes improved results for both the agency and the client. At esd, we believe in facilitating creativity in the workplace. Here are some of the ways we turn our office into a hub of creativity:
- Step outside the office. What better way to cultivate creativity than to visit a place outside of the office that inspires you? Our design team often visits a local art museum or takes a quick walk around the park. Our public relations team constantly goes on location to better understand the inner workings of media. We try to pull inspiration from the world around us; it just might spark creativity.
- Let your mind wander. Take one, five or even 10 minutes to just let your mind wander. Our employees can sometimes be found scribbling random thoughts on a piece of paper or doodling on a post-it note to let their creative juices flow. Giving your brain a break might be the perfect solution to your writer’s or designer’s block.
- Bounce ideas off of one another. If you think you have a creative idea, talk to someone else about it. Each week, we hold a creative meeting to do just that. We allow an open forum for ideas to collaborate and help bring our design, copy or project to the next level. And, hearing the thoughts of fellow employees allows you to see the project from a new perspective.
- Listen to music. Jam out to your favorite song, band or album. We play music aloud on the speakers in our office and encourage our coworkers to get lost in the music on the road to creative success.
- Play show and tell. During our weekly creative meetings, we encourage everyone to bring in a project or accomplishment that they are proud to show to the rest of the office. His or her project just might be the inspiration someone else needs.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Being creative means taking risks. It might not work out in the end, but failure should not hold you back from being extraordinary. Here at esd, we ALWAYS try to think outside of the box. More often then not, a great idea will form. So, don’t be afraid to speak up, take action or take a chance on being creative. It could produce the creative results you are searching for.