The beginning of a new year reminds us of those important habits we want to initiate. When it comes to your online data, we recommend ensuring you have the latest security software and create the habit of checking for updates periodically.
In addition to anti-virus protection, the following items are essential to get your personal computer protected:
- Email Protection — protects users from infected emails disguised as legitimate emails.
- Web/Browser Protection — protects users from harmful websites.
- Virtual Private Network — encrypts your network connection and protects all activity from outside intrusion.
Protect Your Online Presence
esd provides multiple layers of protection for websites:
- CMS Security Extension — esd will install security plugins within the CMS itself to provide security protection at the core level. The security plugins guard the CMS from over ten different aspects:
- User Authorization Security
- Database Security
- File System Security
- Configuration file backup & restore
- Blacklist functionality
- Firewall functionality
- Brute Force Attack Prevention
- Security Scanner
- Front-end text copy protection
- External Malware & Security Scanner — the security and malware scanner will scan for any malware breach, then fix or remove all infectious files.
- Website Firewall — the firewall provides another layer of security check at the domain level and guards the website before the traffic reaches the hosting server. Blacklisting, whitelisting, DDoS prevention, and spam blocking are also available as part of the firewall configuration.
Need help getting protection? We can help your company implement a premium security system to ensure your website is safe and your business stays up and running.
Since no security system offers 100% protection, preparation is key in the event of a cyber attack. Make sure to have a backup scheduled frequently for a speedy recovery to any crisis.